My kids love to create anything! Sometimes when we create we need a little direction. I love homemade cards. They are a fun little project. When people receive the handmade cards they are even more appreciative. However, the hardest part when making your own card is coming up with an idea.
Thank You Template #1 is a way to help you create while spending less time planning.
How the template works:
- Print out the free thank you card template.
- Gather your desired solid or patterned paper.
- Cut your paper the same size as each of the template pieces. This can be done by using the measurements and a paper cutter OR trace the template pieces onto the back of your desired paper then cut out.
- Assemble and glue the thank you card by layering the cut out papers as shown in the picture.
- Thank You Template 1
- Desired patterned paper/card stock
- Card base
- Pencil, if tracing the template
- Scissors/paper cutter
- Glue/glue stick/ double sided tape/glue dots
- A2 envelope, if desired
Cut an 8.5 x 11 piece of card stock in half like a hamburger. You should end up with 2 card bases both 4.25 x 5.5. Card stock is important because it is the backbone of the card. It gives strength to stand up on one end to display. When cards are this beautiful it is hard not to display them, especially when they contain words of gratitude.
Use of Template
There are two ways to use this template.
- Cut out each piece then place it on the backside of your desired paper to trace. Cut along the traced lines. Repeat with all the layers.
- Use the measurements provided on the template and a paper cutter to cut your chosen paper to each size.
Here are the template pieces and my chosen paper all cut out.
The template let’s you know how to layer the papers. The card base is always first then layer on 1, then 2 and so forth. Layers is what makes thank you cards interesting and fun.
Hint: When I am making cards I like to cut all the supplies for a few cards at once. I can easily cut perhaps 4 of each template piece and then glue together 4 of the same card. It only takes a few more minutes but I have 3 more in my stash for next time.